Damage Camp is a festival of games and ideas, celebrating Toronto’s unique games community – the game designers, developers and artists who are creating the world’s most compelling experiences, building great studios, and making sure everyone can participate in games culture by prioritizing diverse expression & identities.
- 9:30am Registration Grab your camp knapsack + badge, and enjoy some delicious coffee and treats from Simit & Chai!
- 10:00am Welcome! With Lauren Howes (CFMDC executive director and TMAC advisor), Jennie Robinson Faber (DMG executive director), and Damage Camp team
- 10:15am – 10:45am Meagan Byrne Between Two Worlds: How Wanisinowin|Lost Navigates Cultural Belonging Through Video Game Mechanics
- 10:50am – 11:20am Emily Flynn-Jones This talk is co-authored by my anxiety and agoraphobia: getting to grips with mental illness while making things and playing stuff
- 11:40am – 12:10pm Osama Dorias The 'Slims: A How-To Guide to Representing Muslims in Video Games
- 12:15pm – 1:00pm Rachel Kahn & Daniel Kwan Why You Should Be Using Tabletop RPGs in Your Classroom (and Beyond!)
- 2:05pm – 2:30pm Rokashi Edwards & Liesl A. Speed Talk! Let's👏🏾Talk👏🏾Fast👏🏾: Sonic and Speed Culture
- 2:30pm – 2:55pm Alex Zandra Van Chestein Speed Talk! What Speedrunning Taught Me About Game Design
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm Mic Fok, Alex Bull + Kim Koronya Panel Consider Your Viewers - How Can Esports Be Viewer Friendly? Moderated by Jonathan Levstein.
- 3:50pm – 4:20pm Derek Quenneville The "Golden" Age of Localization aka Wait, Which of the Three Completely Different Bubble Bobble Twos Are You Talking About?
- 4:25pm – 4:55pm Harriet Horobin-Worley Grand Gamers: Design, Accessibility and Community Management for Older Gamers
- 5:10pm – 5:40pm Gabriela Aveiro-Ojeda Refining an Art Style to Reflect Character Diversity
- 5:45pm – 6:30pm Cindy Poremba, Peter Kingstone + Kim Gibson Panel Not Even Your Final Form: Positioning Your Game For Funding, Festivals and GrantsModerated by Henry Faber.
- 6:45pm – 7:00pm Closing Remarks 👋 A few words from the Damage Camp team.
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm Arcade + Goodbyes! Hang out with new and old pals, play some games in the arcade, then head over to the Gladstone Hotel to check out DMG co-director Yifat Shaik's installation, FAKE VR, for Fly By Night – part of Nuit Blanche!
The arcade will be open in the main galleries from 1:00pm-9:00pm.
- A Mortician's Tale Laundry Bear Games
- Anthrotari J. C. Holder
- Autowrong Nuha Alkadi
- Bubble Trouble Jillian Wakarchuk & Jesse Gazic
- Captive Portal: Customs and Border Protection S Friend
- Dispirited Jesse DeNobrega & Marishka Zachariah
- Golem Longbow Games
- Laundry Hill Crows Crows Crows
- Localhost Aether Interactive
- Micro Mash F'nO
- Quench Axon Interactive
- Real Army Simulator The Really Serious Game Company
- Solace State Vivid Foundry (Tanya Kan)
- Speed Dating for Ghosts Copychaser Games
- TENSION: Snakes and Ladders Diana Poulsen
- Wanisinowin | Lost Meagan Byrne